Exercising is a great way of melting away fat from different body parts. One of the hardest and most annoying parts to get rid off are the love handles. Millions of people around the world wish they don’t have the love handles, but very few are prepared to work for that. It doesn’t happen over night, but with a proper diet and regular exercising routine, it can happen.
Luckily, there are more than a few exercises which can target this area and melt away all the excess fat from the midsection. So let jump right into it:
1. Single-Leg Cross Slide:
- From a straight-arm plank position (with towel folded under feet).
- Shift into a single-leg plank by bending left knee into chest and pressing inside of foot against inside of right knee.
- Engage abs and bend right knee, sliding towel in, so that both knees come to the outside of left elbow.
- Slide and extend right leg back out into single-leg plank. That’s one rep.
- Do 10 reps on the right, and then repeat on the left.
2. Bicycle Crunches:
- Lie on your back, knees bent.
- Place hands behind your head without interlacing your fingers. Lift your head slightly.
- Twist so that your left elbow goes toward your right knee while you extend your left leg.
- Pull your leg back in and extend the other leg, twisting so that your right elbow goes toward your left knee.
- Build up to 3 sets of 25 reps each.
3. Side Plank Bends Left and Right:
- Lie on your left side with your left elbow bent near the side of the chest.
- Bend the lower leg at the knee, keeping the knee on the floor, then lift hips.
- Once balanced, place the right hand behind the head with elbow bent.
- Lift the knee of the top leg towards your top elbow and bend the upper body towards the knee at the same time.
- Keep abs tight! Continue the movement, then repeat on the other side.
4. Jumping Oblique Twist:
- Stand with your feet together.
- Bring your arms up to shoulder height with your hands in front of your chest.
- Hop and twist at torso to land with both feet pointed to the left, keeping your chest facing forward.
- Hop again and twist at the torso to land with both feet pointed to the right. Repeat.
5. Seated Russian Twists:
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Hold your arms out in front of you, hands pressed together.
- Lean back about 45 degrees. With a slow, controlled movement, twist to your left side.
- Return to center, and twist to your right. That’s one rep.
- One full rep should take about 20 seconds. Take a breath and repeat.
- Start with four to five reps, adding more reps as you get stronger.
- For an added challenge, lift your feet off the floor as you do this exercise.
6. The Wood Chop:
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart, and your knees slightly bent.
- With a weight in your hand, start with your arm across your body.
- Holding the weight with both hands next to the opposite hip.
- Bring your arm up and diagonally across your body.
- This works the muscles on your sides where your love handles are.
- Make sure you are using your core to move the weight, not just your arms.
7. Lying Leg Twist:
- Lie on your back with your arms stretched out to the sides, hands flat on your mat.
- Lift legs and bend knees so that your calves are parallel to the floor and your thighs form a 90-degree angle with your torso.
- Lower both legs together to one side so that your outer right thigh touches the ground on the right side, maintaining the 90-degree angle.
- Return them to center and then lower to the other side so that your outer left thigh touches the ground.
- Build up to 3 sets of 25 reps each.
8. Stability-Ball Twist:
- Lie back on a stability ball with your feet on the floor.
- Hold a medicine ball at chest level and extend arms.
- Keeping your butt on the ball, slowly rotate your torso to the left until your knuckles are pointing to the wall.
- Return to center and repeat on the other side.
9. Box Jumps
One of the best ways to eliminate your love handles, is to incorporate some cardio into your workout routine. This is the perfect exercise for that. All you need to do is put a box in front of you, then jump on it with both feet and land in a squatting position. Step down and repeat the process a few times.
10. Jumping Burpees
Another cardio workout to help you burn fat for effectively. Jumping burpees work wonders on love handles, because it combines a few exercises into one move. This means you work multiple muscle groups at once, which makes them great for toning not only your love handles, but your arms and legs also.
Diet Plans To Reduce Love Handles:
a. Remember to eat high fibre whole grain breakfast cereal. Substitute this for granola.
b. A mustard low-fat mayonnaise on your sandwich is a great substitute for the regular mayonnaise.
c. There are no aliment fresh fruits cannot cure.
d. Quinoa is a seed grain hat is packed with high levels of protein and soluble fibre. Cook them in oatmeal and add some almond milk to it.
e. Lentils are the next best food to trim your love handle. Add them to your regular diet.
f. Chickpea and black beans make you feel more energized. Toss them into your salad. Chickpea digests slow and keep your energy level up.
g. Don’t skip chia seeds! They contain high proteins. Add them to your drinks, protein shakes and yogurts.
Exercise alone is a futile measure if not backed up with a healthy and nutritious diet. So, make sure you eat healthy and have a nutritious supply of food to complement your exercise and see yourself lose those love handles. Supplement your food with adequate lentils, peas and other beneficial seeds. Take a look at some of the exercises and diet plan to sufficiently eliminate the extra pounding flesh hanging around your waist.