Especially when you are feeling “under the weather”soup is simply delicious. Pump up your soup with garlic and other nurturing ingredients and to halt your icky sicky feelings quickly you will have a powerful remedy.
For thousands of years garlic has been used for its medicinal properties by people all over the world! It can be up to 100 times as effective at treating infections as antibiotics.
Here are some other powerful ways that garlic benefits YOU:
- High sulfur content to help detoxify your system
- Reduces disease causing bacteria
- Loaded with antioxidants that improve your overall health
- Naturally reduces your blood pressure
How To Make Healing Garlic Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil – rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
- 2 large diced onion
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped) – has antibacterial properties
- 8.5 ounces chicken broth (if you are vegetarian vegetable broth )
- 5 bulbs of garlic (peeled)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 cups of bread (chopped) *alternative available
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley (chopped) – an excellent detoxifier!
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- To 180 degrees heat the oven
- Cut the tops off the garlic bulbs than wrap them in tin foil.
- For 90 minutes bake garlic .
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While garlic is baking: On medium heat, in a pot put 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter .
- Add onions and cook 10 minutes.
- With a fork mash garlic and add to this pot.
- Add herbs and broth.
- Add bread and cook for 5 minutes until bread softens.
- Into a blender pour soup and mix until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and add salt , sour cream and pepper to taste.
- Your healing soup is ready – ENJOY!
Try a gluten-free option :
- Cauliflower mash (to thicken soup)
- In boiling water cook cauliflower until soft, then add to blender
Gluten-free bread cubes
- To thicken the soup mix add some avocado , which will add a great dose of healthy fats to the soup
- With cold and flu season right around the corner, make a HUGE batch of this soup and freeze single-serving portions so that you have them ready to go. Warm up a bowl of this soup to combat your symptoms and give your stomach a warm, healing hug as soon as you feel like you are “catching a cold,”.
source : fitlife.tv