Do you always combine tight jeans with a wide blouse to hide the excess fat on your stomach? Do you hate to take off in bikinis and all the time you have to inhale your stomach inward in order to look thinner? Well, if that is the case, it’s time for a change that will bring real results, unlike the yo-yo effects that diets bring.
Unfortunately, the nasty belly fat not only lowers your self-esteem, but also harms your overall health. The accumulation of fat in the abdomen is much unhealthier that accumulating fat on the hips, or other areas of the body. Excess belly fat increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
So, now that we’ve explained how bad is that excess fat on your belly, here are 20 REALLY effective ways to get rid of it!
- Eat more soluble fiber – by practicing this, your brain will give out the signal that you’re full, and you will naturally eat less. And, they also decrease the amount of calories your body absorbs from food. Another study showed that for every 10-gram increase in soluble fiber intake, belly gat gain decreased by 3.7% over a 5-year period. So, make this your daily routine, and eat flaxseeds, shirataki noodles, Brussels sprouts, avocados, legumes and blackberries.
- Do not eat foods that contain Trans Fats – this is a big no-no. Trans fats are actually created by pumping hydrogen into unsaturated fats such as soybean oil, margarines, spreads, and some packaged foods. These fats are linked to inflammation, heart disease, insulin resistance and abdominal fat gain in observational and animal studies.
- Say Goodbye to Alcohol – well, not completely. Just don’t push yourself too much. Cutting down on alcohol will definitely reduce your waist size.
- Include a good protein source at every meal, because, protein increases the release of the fullness hormone PYY, which decreases appetite and promotes fullness. So, include more eggs, meat, fish, dairy, whey protein or nuts in your diet.
- Reduce Your Stress Levels – high cortisol levels increase appetite and drive abdominal storage. Make sure you have at least 20 minutes each day to relax, or do the activities you love, or practice yoga or meditation.
- Forget the Sugary Foods – sugar contains fructose, and that is linked to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, fatty liver disease. But, know this: not only refined sugar can lead to belly fat gain – even healthier sugar, such as real honey, should be used sparingly.
- Do Aerobic Exercise ( Cardio ) – fun and effective way to improve your health, mood, burn calories and reduce belly fats. No matter how much or how often, it is really important that you exercise.
- Cut the Carbs – reducing carb intake can be very beneficial for losing all fat from your body. But don’t worry, you won’t have to follow a strict low-carb diet. In one study, people with the highest consumption of whole grains were 17% less likely to have excess abdominal fat that those who consumed diets high in refined grains.
- Replace Your Cooking Fats with Coconut Oil – why? Because it is one of the healthiest oils and it bring the healthiest fats you can eat. Just for boosting belly fat loss, you should take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. But, don’t forget that coconut oil is still high in calories, so, instead of just adding up – replace some of the calories you eat with coconut oil.
- Perform Resistance Training – everyone knows that for preserving and gaining muscle mass you’ve got to lift! But, based on studies, lifting also is beneficial for belly fat loss. So, if you ever decide to start weight lifting, consult with a certified personal trainer first.
- Avoid Sugar-Sweetened Beverages – I think this is pretty much clear. These drinks are loaded with liquid fructose, which of course, leads to gaining belly fat. If you want to lose the belly fat – avoid it completely!
- Get a Good Sleep – a good night sleep is always beneficial, and it is important in many aspects of health, and that includes your weight too. Studies show that people who sleep less, tend to get more obese, so, in addition to sleeping at least 7 hours per night, make sure you’re getting sufficient quality sleep.
- Track Your Food Intake and Exercise – keeping a food diary actually helps a lot when you want to lose weight, or even excess abdominal fat.
- Eat Fatty Fish Every Week – omega-3 fats will help you with your battle with abdominal fat. Aim to get 2-3 servings of fatty fish per week, including salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and anchovies.
- Don’t Drink Fruit Juice – it may provide some vitamins and minerals, but it’s just as high in sugar as soda and other sweetened beverages. If you can’t imagine yourself without this, then replace it with unsweetened ice tea or sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or lime.
- Consume Apple Cider Vinegar – apple cider vinegar is something truly amazing, full of health benefits for everything in your body, among which is also lowering blood sugar. That means it will help you reduce abdominal fat in no time. Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar per day because that is the safest for people.
- Eat More Probiotic Foods or Take a Probiotic Supplement – probiotics are bacteria found in some foods and supplements, and they have amazing health benefits, including improved gut health and enhanced immune function.
- Try Intermittent Fasting – a very popular routine nowadays. It is an eating pattern that cycles between periods of eating and periods of fasting. There are different methods for this, so choose the one that fits you the most.
- Drink Green Tea – this is an exceptionally healthy beverage, in general. It contains caffeine and the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate, EGCG, both of which seem to boost metabolism. Try consuming it combined with exercising and you will be truly amazed by the results!
- Change your Lifestyle and Combine Different Methods – many of the above mentioned things, are associated with healthy eating and an overall healthy lifestyle, so you will have to combine more of this in order to get better, quicker and longer lasting results.