Bacteria is a really nasty thing that finds its way almost everywhere, and mostly in the unexpected gasps.
One of the most terrible places you can find bacteria is the suitable breeding ground in the gasps in your teeth.
This can lead to tooth loss if the bacteria activity is not put in check as your supporting tissue and bone structure can be impaired.
One of the most common problems is receding gums. So if you notice any of these symptoms, you should definitely be alerted:
- Larger than before teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Aches, pains and tingly teeth
The causes for reducing gums can be many, and here are some of them:
- Poor oral hygiene – plague is a real big thing if you don’t observe good oral hygiene as it can lead to many other health problems.
- Rough and aggressive brushing – this type of thing can damage your teeth enamel and greatly increase the risk of developing receding gums.
- Genes – yes, even that can be hereditary
- Tongue and lip piercing – any strange unusual stuff can damage your teeth
- Imbalance of the hormones – this is something more specific for women
- Smoking habit – smoking can be associated not only with mouth diseases, but with many other vital functions of our body.
- Frequent grinding and clenching of your teeth – major cause for receding gums, so if you have a habit of doing this, stop it immediately!
- Periodontal diseases – it’s a bacterial infection that damages the supporting bones of your teeth and cause reducing gums.
If you have all of these symptoms, don’t be scared if you receding gum problem is not at a critical stage because at that point there is no need for surgery! You can fix this problem completely naturally, and you could even regenerate your receding and damaged gums with some homemade recipes.
However, you ought to observe good oral hygiene by regularly brushing your teeth at least twice daily to help prevent the problem in the first instance.
Here are some completely natural remedies that will help you to grow back your receding gums:
- Green tea – this tea has large amount of antioxidants such as catechins that help combat free radicals which are responsible for periodontal disease. All you have to do is to drink at least a cup of green tea in the morning preferably before breakfast.
- Aloe Vera – it will help you to ease swelling and also combat the recession of you gums due to its anti-inflammatory properties. So, you could use Aloe Vera to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with it, or, you could use the Aloe Vera gel as a mouth wash. Just mix some gel with water and gargle every morning after you have brushed your teeth.
- Oil pulling – you could use sesame oil to get rid of plaque build-up and the formation of calculus. It’s quite simple, just heat up the sesame oil, but don’t boil it; brush your teeth then rinse your mouth with the sesame oil. Gargle for about 3 minutes until you get comfortable doing it.
- Coconut oil pulling – also, it will help you to prevent tooth decay by healing your tooth cavities and it will help fight oral infection that can lead to receding gums. Use the coconut oil as a mouth wash once you are through brushing. This will give your mouth protection from infection and also combat receding gum with regular use.
- Eucalyptus essential oil – with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties it will help you fight oral infection and reduce the swelling of your gums. Dilute 1 to 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil in 1 or 2 tablespoons of clean water. Soak your finger or your tooth brush in the mixture, and gently massage your gums with the oil.
- Myrrh tree resin – this is very effective in repairing the damage caused by infection and it will grow back your receded gums. Crush the myrrh resins into the fine powder, add clean water to make a mixture. Apply this paste to your gums with your fingers or with a tooth brush and gently massage.
- Clove Oil – it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will kill the bacteria that causes periodontal disease and it will ease swollen gums. Gently massage your gums with about 1 to 2 drops of clove oil.
- Lemon Oil – this is a remedy that should not be used much often, because of its acidity that can damage your teeth enamel. Add ¼ to ½ cup olive oil, and freshly squeezed lemon juice from ½ to 1 lemon.
Other things you should keep in mind for prevention of gum receding are:
- Good oral hygiene
- Don’t brush your gums
- Use a brush with soft bristles and a small head
- Brush in circular motions or with gentle strokes
- Brushing after each meal is ideal but where this cannot be done use a mouth wash or brush before you go to bed at night
- Avoid aggressive brushing
- Try dental flossing
- Drink lots of water
- Keep a healthy diet
- Supplements that are good for your oral health should include: zinc, vitamin C, ginkgo biloba, coenzyme Q10, calcium.