Testosterone is the male hormone that regulates sex drive. Lowered testosterone levels can affect your mood and overall interest in the performance of many everyday activities. Often, these lowered levels are misdiagnosed as depression because of the similar clinical symptoms. Men with testosterone deficiency have not only diminished interest in performing physical activity or lack of energy, but also a lack of power.
Normal testosterone levels in men is between 350-1000 n.gr. per deciliter. And, the levels slowly decrease with age, 1% per annum. This rate of reduction in the level of testosterone seems to be safe when viewed in short term. But, look at it at long term: it causes weight gain, decreased bone and muscle mass and after the age of 60 it can cause impotence.
Anyhow, you don’t have to worry, we’ve found several tips you should follow in order to naturally raise your testosterone levels, treat the symptoms, lose weight and increase your libido! Here they are below:
- Sleep better – a good night sleep means you’ll improve your overall health and getting enough sleep is also very important for testosterone levels.
- Reduce your intake of sweets. According to a research, high blood sugar levels limits the release of this hormone by 25%.
- Don’t stress too much. Find a way to relax, and avoid anxiety, and try not to be depressed. Exercise and good night sleep help a lot with those issues.
- The more you gain muscle weight, the more testosterone you’ll have. The regular workouts will regulate both the function of the metabolism and the testosterone production.
- Avoid taking unhealthy, processed foods. Because in that way, the body lacks important nutrients which are of vital importance to overall health. So, in order to increase your testosterone levels, you should take this nutrient, either naturally or through supplementation:
- Vitamin D
- Healthy fats
The reduced levels of testosterone may seriously damage the health, so if you cannot regulate them naturally, seek medical attention and get it solved with an intake of hormones.
Also, any problem discovered on time and treated on time, won’t cause any further complications. So, make sure you have a steady healthy diet, regular exercise and manage the stress issues.