Cashew nuts in order to grow, need humid and hot climate, which is the reason why some countries, such as Tanzania, Nigeria, Brazil and Mozambique, are the largest producers of Cashew Nuts in the world.
They are one of the healthiest foods in the world. But only a small percentage of the database for natural medicines comprehensive is dedicated to this amazing food.
Some Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
- They are rich in soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and numerous phytochemicals which prevent severe diseases, including cancers.These nuts possess an abundance of calories. 100 grams of Cashew nuts contain 550 calories.
- Mediterranean diet is based mostly on monounsaturated fatty acids, which can help organism system protect itself from coronary artery disease and strokes by supporting the blood lipid profile. It is also proven by the scientific studies.These nuts are also filled with palmitoleic and oleic acids, which are great for the heart’s health. They belong in the group of essential fatty acids which can decrease the level of harmful cholesterol (LDL) and also increase the level of good cholesterol (HDL) in our blood.
- These tasty nuts are also rich in copper, potassium, selenium, magnesium, zinc and iron.
You will provide the necessary amount of the above mentioned minerals and protect your organism from deficiency-related diseases If you consume just a handful of cashews every day.
Zinc plays the same role with enzymes responsible for regulation of the progress of digestion, DNA synthesis and gonadal function.
Selenium is a highly important micronutrient. It works like a co-factor for antioxidant enzymes, such as Glutathione peroxides, which is known as one of the strongest antioxidants in the human body.
Copper is another one which acts as a co-factor for many important enzymes such as cytochrome c-oxidase and superoxide dismutase.
- Cashews nut can be very useful due to their various essential vitamins, such aspantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), thiamin (vitamin B11) and riboflavin. B6 can significantly lower chances of developing homocystinuria and sideroblastic anemia.Just 100 grams of these nuts will provide about 30% of the daily recommended levels of B6 (that is about 0.147 mg).
There is also niacin, which improves protection against dermatitis or pellagra.
In addition, aforementioned vitamins are crucial for protein, fat, and carbohydrates metabolism at a cellular level.
- Zeaxanthin is selectively absorbed inside the retinal macula in the eyes. It is believed that it provides antioxidant and protective UV ray filtering. These incredible nuts also contain a very small quantity of zeaxanthin, which is a very important pigment of flavonoid antioxidant. Also that protects us from ARMD also known as “age-related macular degeneration” in older people.
- Cashews are the best alternative treatment for depression.
Basic Guide to Cashew Nutrition – How Treat Depression Naturally
Cashew nuts are great source of Tryptophan who is a vital amino acid that our body needs to take it throughout the food. This amino acid regulates mood, improves sleep, helps children develop and grow, balances our behavior, and can significantly lower the level of stress, depression and anxiety.
The best thing about treating depression with cashews is that you will surely avoid side effects that are usually caused by antidepressants. You need just two handfuls of cashews because they contain somewhere between 1.000 and 2.000 mg of tryptophan. It has been proven they are as equally successful as prescription antidepressants. Of course, this is yet another thing big pharma carefully hides from us.
An introduction to Cashew Nut Allergy
Same as peanuts, cashews can lead to occurrence of some very severe allergic reactions, even if the individual has consumed just a small quantity of cashews. Beside allergies caused by eating walnuts, almonds and other nuts, cashew nut cause allergy in both adults and children and is one of the commonest food allergies.