Everyone loves to chew gum. Chewing gum every day as a habit can be detrimental to health. The habitual gum chewing is wasting the valuable digestive enzymes and over time can contribute to jaw problems. All the gum are containing sugar. The sugar isn’t good for our health. Now there are gum that are made with different sweeteners like stevia as alternative for aspartame, sortibol and others. But these additives can impact your waistline more than you think.
Fortunately, there is a one healthy chewing gum alternative. There is a way to get the mental benefits from chewing gum without putting a lot of artificial stuff into your body. You try these recipe and make your own chewing gum.
You will need some natural beeswax.
How to prepare it:
1. Put 6 oz of the beeswax into a double boiler (or a bowl set on top of a pot filled with about an inch of water) and turn the stove to medium high.
2. Melt the wax until it becomes soft and mostly liquid.
3. Then you can add your flavorings. You can try with peppermint, cinnamon, lemon, or licorice. It will be enough to put 5 drops of extract should be enough. As a alternative, you can use fresh, finely chopped herbs (rosemary, mint).
4. Pour the wax into small molds (candy molds or ice cube trays)
5. Refrigerate until hardened, then remove and chew.