Long time, cinnamon is a popular spice in cooking and baking. Studies show that even though it is tasty, it is also very healthy, too. In addition to several health benefits that you can extract from cinnamon:.
1. Reduces cholesterol – studies show that a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day reduces bad LDL cholesterol.
2. Regulates blood sugar – several studies have shown that cinnamon has small effect in reducing blood sugar.
3. Prevents cancer – in a study published by researchers from the Department of Agriculture in Maryland, USA, say that cinnamon reduces the possibility of suffering from leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
4. Anticoagulation – has the ability to prevent blood clots.
5. Facilitates arthritis – a study conducted by the University of Copenhagen was proved that the patients studied who were given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant reduction in arthritis. Patients less than 1 month could walk without pain.
6. Antibacterial effect – when it’s added to the food, prevents and reduces the formation of bacteria and spoilage of food, which makes it a natural preservative.
7. Health of the brain – in one study demonstrated that the smell of cinnamon increases cognitive function and memory.
8. It is rich in nutrients – cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese, fiber, iron and calcium.